Clouds
68° / Clouds
Sunrise 6:08am
Sunset 7:57pm
Clouds
641 CFS Pineville Gauge
500 CFS Dam Release

August 28, 2023

CFS at the dam 185, CFS at the Pineville gauge 256 - water temperature 63 degrees to start, mid-day it had risen to 68 degrees - the day started with temperatures in the low 60s, with a peak of 76 degrees - skies alternated between partly cloudy, hazy with bright sunshine, to almost all overcast - winds were light and variable - 35 guests joined us on the run today, from opening time until as late as 4:30 PM - many fished the morning, took a break during the afternoon, and returned to fish the late afternoon to evening hours - most of our guests reported the most fish activity before 9 AM - three of our guests fished the lower end of the run from early morning until 12:30 PM - they reported a dozen fish passing by, without any action on their part - at 1 PM a guest reported seeing fish splashing in the lower portion, but not hooking up - a bit after that, two guests reported 0 / 4 each, fishing the upper portion, to include a Brown Trout - they observed two young men bringing to hand four salmon each, while they were fishing in the upper area - 1:15 PM two anglers reported 1 / 4 (to include a Brown Trout) and 0 / 2 while fishing the lower portion - at 1:45 PM a guest came off the run, reporting that his buddy just brought to hand a 23" Atlantic Salmon while swinging a fly in the middle section - the picture of Kenny, with the Atlantic Salmon, is featured - at 2:30 PM a guest reported 0 / 1 in the upper section - just after 4 PM one guest reported 0 / 10, all on nymphs, but they kept straightening his hooks until he re-rigged with a single green egg - at 4:15 PM one angler reported 1 / 1, while another pair of guests reported 2 / 3 between them using an orange estatz fly - at 4:45 PM a guest reported seeing a dozen fish, but not being able to hook up - at 5:30 PM a group of three guests, including the Kenny previously mentioned, reported 0 / 1, 0 / 1, with Kenny ending his day 1 / 4 (to include the Atlantic Salmon and a Brown Trout that escaped) - - there will be a 60 percent chance of rain tonight, with an overnight low of 63 degrees - forecast for tomorrow is: Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers in the afternoon. High 76F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40% - sounds like a good salmon fishing day!

Clouds

72° / Clouds

Sunrise: 6:23am

Sunset: 7:48pm

256 CFS Pineville Gauge

185 CFS Dam Release

clouds

Clouds